I've been looking at the upcoming auction calendars for some of my frequent auction haunts. Here are a few that I will try to attend this month:
Doyle New York: http://www.doylenewyork.com/default.htm
- Doyle @Home: Fine Furniture, Decorations and Paintings. Auction is February 10 and the preview days are February 6 - 9. The Doyle @Home is usually stocked with well priced decorative items. I almost always see something that I will consider bidding on.
- Belle Epoque: 19th and 20th century Decorative Arts. Auction February 24th with the previews February 20 - 23. Usually lots of tempting decorative objects and paintings.
Art Nouveau Buffet at Doyle's Belle Epoque: $800 - $1,200
Stair Galleries, Hudson, NY: http://stairgalleries.com/
- American, English and Continental Furniture, Fine Art, Silver... Auction February 12th. Previews every day before from February 5th. Actually not sure I will make it up to Hudson for this, but the on line preview looks interesting and their price ranges are always good compared to New York City.
- The Dog Sale. Now doesn't that sound like fun even if you don't want to buy anything? Auction February 16th with previews February 13 - 15. The on line catalogue looks full of cute and kitschy things (apologies to anyone who collects dog art!).
Portable Scottie Heater at Bonham's: $300 - $500
Christie's New York: http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/searchresults.aspx?intSaleID=22602#action=refine&intSaleID=22602&sid=b6d6cd70-c545-4a71-adae-cdf3e01fdf21
- Christie's Interiors. Auctions February 9 & 10 with viewing from February 5th. This is the more affordable Christie's offering and worth going to see what they have.
Joseph Bradley (American 20th C.) at Christie's: $500 - $700
February could be fun even if the weather is not!